(with apologies to U2)
We’ve been live for a week! It’s hard to believe – it feels both much, much longer and as if no time has passed whatsoever. But I’ve got manuscripts in my inbox, and I’m looking forward to making my first acquisition calls this week. So if you’ve submitted, hold on to your hats!
One of the questions I’m getting a lot is, ‘what are you looking for?’. My answer has been, is, and will (probably) always be, ‘everything’. As long as it’s romance. This digital medium opens up so many doors for publishers and authors alike, and we don’t necessarily have the same risks and overheads as traditional print publishers, which means that we don’t have to follow the market to protect ourselves – we can drive it.
So the sky is the limit – honestly
However, since you asked, I will give you a little list of things that float my personal boat. This list is by no means comprehensive, and we’re definitely interested in – let me say it again – everything. But, you know, if I had a personal wish list, I’d love to read these types of stories:
- Aussie-set romances
- Aussie-set historicals (with or without convicts)
- Historicals set outside the regency, or outside the ballrooms
- Romantic suspense with crimes other than homicide
- Science Fiction Romance – particularly strong character-driven SF
- Adult dystopian romance without paranormal elements
- Holiday themed romance outside of Christmas – Solstice, Hanukkah, Thanksgiving, Australia day
- Non-traditional characters