When Harry Met Sally has been voted many times as the No. 1 romantic comedy movie of all-time and I don’t disagree. It’s my go to flick when I want to laugh or cry or get ‘the feels’. Witty, thanks to an amazing script. Legendary, thanks to a cast that is pure genius. It premiered back in July 1989 and 30 years later still stands the test of time. Why? Well, I’m glad you asked. Here are my 10 reasons.
10. Billy Crystal – not the first choice for a leading man I grant you – but no-one could have made Harry so lovable.
9. Meg Ryan – the quintessential girl next door. Even when apologising she’s adorable!
8. It’s not all about sex. At first.
7. But sex is inevitable.
6. The script – sigh. Thank you, Nora Ephron.
5. Perfect co-stars.
4. Director Rob Reiner. Before When Harry Met Sally he directed The Princess Bride! Rob Reiner = legend.
3. When Meg cries, we ALL cry.
2. THAT SCENE. (You knew it was coming).
1.. Yes, it took some time but who cares! They made it. The End.
Care to share your thoughts? Then let us know in the comments below!